What is RUSU?
Reading University Students’ Union (RUSU) is a student-led charity which exists to support students and enhance their university experience.
If you are a student on a University of Reading course resulting in a qualification then you are a member of RUSU.
Led by students for students
RUSU is led by five Full-Time Student Officers who are voted in by students.
RUSU's Student Officer team for the 2016/17 academic year (click picture for more details and to contact this years' officers)
- We are accountable to our members.
- We aim to provide inclusive services and facilities.
- We are a dynamic forward thinking organisation.
- We act with integrity.
RUSU is Student Led:
- By Student Officers who are elected to ensure the organisation is shaped by its members and to represent their views to the University and at a local and national level.
- They do this by listening to students’ issues, concerns and ideas then ensuring that they are raised in an appropriate way.
RUSU Supports Students:
- By helping students to develop the skills and experience they need for the world of work.
- By providing students with free, impartial, expert advice that supports them through their time at university.
- By helping students to represent themselves no matter who they are or what they study.
RUSU Enhances the Student Experience:
- By helping students to get the most out of their student experience through getting involved in sports, societies, volunteering, JCRs and student media.
- By providing students with opportunities and forums for discussion and debate on issues that they care about.
- To enable RUSU to achieve its strategic aims it runs a number of facilities and services which contribute valuable funds to the charity.
- Little Learners Nursery, Campus Central, Student Lettings, Café Mondial, Mojo's Bar & Kitchen, 3sixty Nightclub, NUS Extra card sales, franchised spaces, external bookings.
- The staff team performs essential support work to ensure that RUSU remains a sustainable, successful and a well respected charity.
- Governance Support (Trustee Board & Sub-Committees), Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Marketing & Communications, Accreditations & Initiatives, Affiliations, Maintaining & Improving Facilities, Website & IT.