The Advice Service is committed to keeping your information according to the following principals, in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Your information will be:
- Processed legally, fairly and transparently;
- Collected and processed for a specific, explicit and legitimate purpose;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept for an appropriate length of time;
- Processed in manner which ensures appropriate security.
You have the right to access any personal data which is kept about you.
Requests for access to personal data will be dealt with as quickly as possible and within a month (as required by law). This will normally be free of charge. Where it is considered appropriate for a charge is to be made, information concerning this charge and why it is being levied will be provided.
If you wish to access your personal data held by the Advice Service contact:
Data Protection Officer
Reading University Students’ Union
0118 378 4100
A copy of the Advice Service “Data Protection and Destruction Policy” is available upon request, and can also be found on the “About Us” section of the Advice Service pages on the RUSU website.
More information about GDPR can be found on the Information Commissioners website.