Advice Request Form
Use this form to set up an appointment with the RUSU Advice Service. A RUSU Adviser will get in touch after this form has been completed so please include all of your details below and then click the submit button at the bottom of this page.
The following information is requested as it may be relevant to the support the Advice Service provides you with (depending on the nature of your case).
However, in all instances, we also use this information anonymously for statistical purposes, to help us to report on and to improve our service. Please leave blank any information which you do not want the Advice Service to use for this purpose.
Do you consider yourself to have a disability?
Give brief details about your enquiry
Advice Service terms and conditions
- I acknowledge that the Advice Service will keep a record of my case.
- I agree to my information and case records being accessed and audited by a person/organisation appointed by RUSU.
- I understand that an Adviser will only act on my behalf or discuss my case with other parties with my permission, unless they have identified that I may be at risk of harm to myself or others, or for them to not do so would break the law.
- I am happy for the Advice Service to contact me to request anonymous feedback.
We ask you to:
- Treat Advisers, as well as other staff and visitors within the Advice and Representation Centre, in a courteous manner;
- Tell us if you are unable to attend an appointment;
- Keep us informed of any changes that may affect your case;
- Explain your rights and responsibilities and help you decide what to do;
- Put advice/information in writing (this may be via email) as appropriate;
- Contact other parties on your behalf (with your permission);
- Make every reasonable effort to contact you, but we will presume you no longer wish to use our service if you do not respond;
- Keep a copy of your record for six years, after which time it will be securely destroyed, in line with our Data Storage and Destruction Policy;
- Upon request, provide you with access to any data we hold on you electronically or on paper. Further details are in our Data Protection Statement, which is available from your Adviser or the RUSU Data Protection Officer.