Rubbish & Recycling

Find out which days the bins are collected and always sort out recycling. Make sure you have enough bins for the property.

Find out what day your household rubbish bins are emptied by visiting your local council website:  

There are three types of bins that you might have at your property:

  • Grey bins/ Blue bags are for landfill waste
  • Red/Black bins/boxes are for recycling
  • Green bins/bags are  for garden waste

If you have any bulky items that have been left from previous tenants ask your landlord to remove them.  You could end up being charged by the council for rubbish left in your garden.


If you have your own bulky waste you would like to get rid of, you can pay to have items removed by your local council.

For Reading Borough Council :

For Wokingham Borough Council :

Endsleigh Insurance
dominos rusu offer

Reading University Students' Union is a registered charity (No. 1158523)

© Reading University Students' Union All Rights Reserved