RBC (Reading Borough Council) Housing Enforcement
Reading Borough Council Housing Enforcement are here to talk to you and are working in partnership with the RUSU Advice Service in running a regular drop-in service. The Housing Enforcement Team believe that all tenants deserve ‘quiet enjoyment of their home’ and are looking to help students who may need professional help enforce against poor conditions in their properties and rogue landlords.
RBC Housing Enforcement deal with a variety of issues:
- Disrepair and hazards in privately rented properties e.g. damp and mould, electrical issues, no hot water, fire alarms in disrepair where the landlord has not taken action.
- Issues regarding pest activity e.g. rats, cockroaches.
- Unfair Terms in Contracts
- Misleading Statements/Actions
- Harassment and aggressive practices
If you wish to find out more information, visit their webpage at the Reading Borough Council website.
Drop in Sessions
14:00 – 16:00 every other Thursday in the Students Union