Safe Taxi Scheme
The Safe Taxi Scheme has been set up in partnership with Yellow Cars to allow students to get home safely when they have no cash on them. There will be a range of reasons why a student may use the scheme. Some students may have been in a stressful or dangerous situation that they needed to get out of, or others will have lost their wallet and any access to money, and will therefore use the scheme to get home safely.
If you want to sign up to the scheme, take your student card to RUSU reception and you can pay for your taxi and get your Safe Taxi Card! It really is that easy!
Terms and Conditions
By using the scheme, you agree to the following terms:
- The scheme is available 24 hours per day
- There is a maximum allowance of 4 students to travel at any given time on one STS card.
- The drop off point must be a student residential address in the Upper Redlands Road and Wokingham Road student areas, Halls of Residence, Police Station or Royal Berkshire Hospital in order to pay the original set fee. Anywhere outside of these areas will incur a charge determined by Yellow Cars.
- Lost cards will have to be replaced by the student at their own cost, unless evidence of the taxi journey can be provided in the form of a receipt, in which case the taxi company will pay for the replacement card.
- Cards will be returned twice a week and students will be notified when they are able to collect their card from RUSU reception.
- Students may return the card in exchange for their journey deposit if they wish to no longer be part of the Safe Taxi Scheme.
- The scheme will begin as a TRIAL PERIOD. If the system is abused then RUSU and Yellow Cars reserve the right to the discontinue this service. Students will be notified if this is the case.