A complaint is defined as a statement of dissatisfaction brought by an individual or group. Every effort will be made to resolve complaints at the earliest possible opportunity, and in the main this will be on an informal basis.
Regular student feedback sessions are held as well as a variety of questionnaires and surveys that help us to use our resources in the best way possible to meet student needs.
We recognise that there may be occasions when these information and feedback mechanisms are not sufficient to deal with the complaint. For this reason we have introduced a formal complaints procedure to ensure that your complaints are dealt with in a timely and professional way.
The complaints procedure aims to:
- Be easily accessible.
- Resolve complaints at the right level.
- Allow for timely handling, with established time frames for action.
- Ensure a full and fair investigation.
- Respect complainants desire for confidentially wherever possible.
- Provide an appropriate response.
- Feedback into RUSU procedures to ensure that future services are improved.
This complaints procedure aims to deal with two distinct types of complaint:
- Complaints about the quality of the services or facilities provided by RUSU
- Complaints about how you have been dealt with by RUSU
These are very different types of complaint and are therefore dealt with in two distinct ways.