Budget & Expenses Guidelines
What is my campaign budget for?
Your campaign budget is to be used to pay for ANY materials you purchase for your campaign e.g. banners, t-shirts, posters, cakes, paints etc.
How much am I allowed to spend?
The budget limits for candidates/agents to spend on campaign materials are as follows:
|NUS National Conference Delegate
What do I need to be aware of when completing my expenses claim?
- You must account for everything you buy by keeping your receipts.
- All t-shirts bought by candidates/agents will be charged at £1 regardless of purchase price.
- Decoration of t-shirts should be costed separately.
- Drawing pins and sticky tack do not need to be included in your budget.
- If you use an item during your campaign that you already own this must be included in your budget at the cost that you bought it for.
- If you receive an item for free from someone else, account for this at whatever it cost them.
- You cannot part-charge. If you buy a multipack, account for the full price of the multipack.
How do I claim for my expenses?
- When buying your campaign materials - make sure you keep receipts for every item you buy.
- Download an Expenses Claim Form at rusu.co.uk/elections or ask for a copy at RUSU Reception.
- Complete an Expenses Claim Form any attached all receipts to evidence cost of materials.
- Hand form to RUSU Reception by deadline date stated on the Election/Referendum Timeline.
- Candidates/agents who do not spend anything on campaign materials are still required to submit and sign an Expenses Claim Form.
- Candidates/agents, who fail to submit a completed Expenses Claim Form or overspend, may be disqualified.
Where can I get some help/advice?
- If you are in any doubt, please contact the Deputy Returning Officer or Chair of Elections Committee before purchasing/using campaigning material.
- Any questions should be emailed to email@example.com.