Elections Budget Guidelines
What is my campaign budget for?
Your campaign budget is to be used to pay for any materials you create for your campaign e.g. campaign banners, t-shirts, posters etc.
How much am I allowed to spend?
The budget limits for candidates to spend on campaign materials are as follows:
|Full-time Officer positions
|Part-time Officer positions
|Student Trustee positions
|NUS National Conference Delegate positions
What do I need to be aware of when completing my expenses claim?
- You must account for everything you buy by keeping your receipts.
- All t-shirts bought by candidates will be charged at £1 regardless of purchase price.
- Decoration of t-shirts should be costed separately.
- Drawing pins and sticky tack do not need to be included in your budget.
- If you use an item during your campaign that you already own this must be included in your budget at the cost that you bought it for.
- You cannot part-charge an item. If you buy a multipack you will be charged for the full price of the item.
How do I claim for my expenses?
- When buying your campaign materials - make sure you keep receipts for every item you buy!
- Complete an Expenses Claim Form any attached all receipts which should show proof of purchase and prices of items. You can download a form or ask for a copy at RUSU Reception.
- Hand in to RUSU Reception by deadline date stated in your election timeline.
- Candidates who do not spend anything during their campaign are still required to submit an expenses claim form showing they didn’t spend any money.
- Candidates, who fail to submit a completed Expenses Claim Form or overspend, may be disqualified.
Where can I get some help/advice?
Any questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.