How to stand in an election
Nominating yourself in the election can seem tricky and maybe a little scary, but it's actually super simple! Read on to find out how to stand in an election.
- Log-in to the RUSU website using your University Log in details.
- Head to the Elections Page, select the election you want to stand in from the left hand sidebar and click in 'Stand in Election' on the online form.
- You will be asked to confirm your name, email address and telephone number and click 'save'.
- Some positions require candidates to self-define to show you meet the required eligibility criteria. Check out RUSU's student group definitions.
- Click on your Election Profile and select all self-definition options that apply to you and click ‘Update Self Defined Status’.
- If you want to check any other eligibility criteria, read through the eligibility section in the role description.
- Put yourself forward for any roles for which you are eligible.
- Upload your manifesto by the end of the nominations period. If you need advice with this, check out this page.
- You have now nominated yourself - Result!
Next Step - Don't forget to upload your Manifesto!
For most roles, you will need to write a short manifesto.
Remember to complete your nomination by uploading your manifesto by the nominations deadline.
Once you have nominated yourself - a member of the RUSU staff team will be in touch to provide information about the election. They are there to help and support you. If you have any questions, just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
If you're having trouble standing for a particular role that you think you should be eligible for, please email us at email@example.com and we'll look into the problem as soon as possible.