NUS NATIONAL CONFERENCE DELEGATES
Fancy representing the voice and views of 17,000 Reading students?
Want to participate in the NUS National Conference 2019?
Why have NUS National Conference Delegates?
NUS National Conference Delegates are super important because they get to play a part on deciding the direction of the NUS for the next year. You’ll have the opportunity to debate issues that matter to you, submit motions for change and ensure the views of Reading students are head loud and clear.
Reading University Students’ Union (RUSU) will send a delegation of five students to attend the NUS National Conference 2019, one of these will be RUSU President 2018/19 who will be the lead Conference Delegate.
There are four 'open place' delegate roles up for grabs in this election. Every student registered at the University of Reading is eligible to stand (except foundation students) and if elected will have the opportunity to vote on matters of policy that will shape the direction of NUS for 2019/2020.
Under NUS policy, 50% of the delegation shall be reserved for students who self-define as Women, including (if they wish) those with complex gender identities which include 'woman', and those who experience oppression as women. This is rounded down, for example, a delegation of 5 would need 2 women.
What’s the role?
You will be elected to represent the University of Reading students on a national level at the NUS National Conference on the 9-11 April 2019.
You can choose to submit motions to NUS National Conference and you will have full speaking and voting rights at Conference. You will vote to amend and pass/reject motions submitted to the Conference which will shape the NUS Policy for 2019/2020. You will also vote to elect the new NUS leadership group for 2019/2020.
- Engaging in debate and discussion on key issues facing students
- Representing RUSU and the University of Reading students in a positive way
- Voting on motions relating to key issues facing students
- Electing the new NUS leadership team for 2019/2020
What’s in it for me?
- Amazing opportunity to develop leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Potential to influence change to benefit students in the UK and at Reading
- Training and attendance that can count towards completion of your RED Award
- Great CV builder that will help you stand out from the crowd
- Fun few days away in Glasgow with the chance to meet, network and socialise with students from all over the UK!
- Opportunity to become more involved in RUSU and student politics on a national level
- Food, travel and accommodation expenses covered
Am I eligible?
These roles are open to any current student at the University of Reading, except those students on foundation courses or Erasmus places.
All candidates standing for these positions should be able to attend the NUS National Conference on the 9-11 April 2019.
Nominate yourself TODAY!
Elections for the NUS National Conference Delegates opens on Monday, 29th October 2018 at 3pm.
Nominations close on Friday, 16th November 2018 at 3pm.
To nominate yourself as a candidate for one of these four positions click here, login and follow the instructions
To find out more about any of the NUS National Conference Delegate roles contact:
T: 0118 378 4133