NUS TRANS CONFERENCE DELEGATE
Do you self-define as a trans* student? Would you like the opportunity to represent other trans students from the University of Reading on a national level?
Reading University Students’ Union (RUSU) will be sending one delegate to the NUS Trans Conference, taking place on Monday, 30th April and Tuesday, 1st May 2018. The same winning candidate will also be elected to join a team of delegates at the NUS LGBT+ Conference, taking place on Wednesday, 7th March and Thursday, 8th March 2018. The candidate who is elected as Trans Delegate will be elected to attend both conferences.
What's the role?
As a Trans Delegate you will attend and participate in the NUS Trans Conference and the NUS LGBT+ Annual Conference. You will be elected to represent other Trans students from the University of Reading on a national level.
You can choose to submit motions to NUS Trans and NUS LGBT+ Conference. You will have full speaking and voting rights at both Conferences. You will vote to amend and pass/reject motions submitted to the Conference that will shape the NUS Trans Campaign for 2018/2019. You will also have the power to amend or vote down policy passed at NUS Trans Conference.
You will also vote to elect the incoming NUS LGBT+ Students’ Officer and NUS LGBT+ Committee for 2018/2019.
- Engaging in debate and discussion on key issues facing Trans students
- Representing the University of Reading, RUSU and Reading Trans students in a positive way
- Voting in motions relating to key issues facing Trans students
- Electing the NUS LGBT+ Officer, and LGBT+ Committee and Steering Positions within NUS for 2018/19
What’s in it for me?
- Amazing opportunity to develop leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Potential to influence change to benefit trans students in the UK and at Reading
- Training and attendance that can count towards completion of your RED Award
- Great CV builder that will help you stand out from the crowd
- Fun few days away with the chance to meet, network and socialise with students from all over the UK!
- Opportunity to become more involved in RUSU and student politics on a national level
- Travel and accommodation expenses covered and you be given a food allowance.
Am I eligible?
This role is open to any current student at the University of Reading who self-defines as trans*. That is anyone who considers their gender identity to be different from that which they were assigned at birth.
The winning candidate should be able to attend the NUS Trans Conference and the NUS LBGT+ Conference in 2018.
Please note that students on foundation courses or Erasmus places are not eligible to stand in this election.
Nominate yourself TODAY!
Elections for the role for Trans Conference Delegate open on
Nominations close on Tuesday, 14th November at 3pm.
To nominate yourself as a candidate in these elections click here, login and follow the instructions
To find out more about the role of NUS Trans Conference Delegate contact:
T: 0118 378 4136