NUS WOMEN'S CONFERENCE DELEGATES
Do you want to make sure that the voice of women students at the University of Reading is heard loud and clear at the National Union of Students?
Are you looking for an opportunity to represent other women students from the University of Reading on a national level?
Reading University Students’ Union (RUSU) elects a delegation of women students to attend the NUS Women’s Conference. Every women registered as a student at the University of Reading is eligible to stand and if elected will have the opportunity to vote on matters of policy that will shape the NUS Women’s Campaign for the next academic year.
RUSU’s delegation consists of the following positions:
- Women ‘Open Place’ Delegate*1
- Women ‘BME Place’ Delegate
- Women ‘Reserved Other Place’ Delegate
*1A further Women ‘Open Place’ Delegate position is reserved for the RUSU Women’s Part-time Officer 2017/18.
What’s the role?
As a Women Delegate you will attend and participate in the NUS Women’s Annual Conference. You will be elected to represent other women students from the University of Reading on a national level.
You can choose to submit motions to NUS Women’s Conference. You will have full speaking and voting rights at Conference. You will vote to amend and pass/reject motions submitted to the Conference that will shape the NUS Women’s Campaign for 2018/2019.
You will also vote to elect the incoming NUS Women’s Officer and NUS Women’s Committee for 2018/2019.
- Engaging in debate and discussion on key issues facing women students
- Representing RUSU and the University of Reading women students in a positive way
- Voting on motions relating to key issues facing women students
- Electing the NUS Women’s Officer and NUS Women’s Committee for 2018/2019
What’s in it for me?
- Amazing opportunity to develop leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Potential to influence change to benefit trans students in the UK and at Reading
- Training and attendance that can count towards completion of your RED Award
- Great CV builder that will help you stand out from the crowd
- Fun couple of days away with the chance to meet, network and socialise with students from all over the UK!
- Opportunity to become more involved in RUSU and student politics on a national level
- Food, travel and accommodation expenses covered
Am I eligible?
The roles are open to those students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Women ‘Open Place’ Delegate - This place is open to any current student at the University of Reading who self-defines as a woman
- Women ‘BME Place’ Delegate - This place is open to any current woman student at the University of Reading of African, Arab, Asian, Caribbean heritage and those who self-define as BME
- Women ‘Reserved Other Place’ Delegate - This place is open to any current woman student at the University of Reading who self-defines as disabled or has care-giving responsibilities
In addition, all candidates standing for any of these positions should be able to attend the NUS Women’s Conference on the 11th-12th April 2018.
Please note that students on foundation courses or Erasmus places are not eligible to stand in this election.
Nominate yourself TODAY!
Elections for the Women’s Conference Delegates are now open!
Nominations close on Tuesday, 14th November at 3pm.
To nominate yourself as a candidate for any of the positions click here, login and follow the instructions
To find out more about any of the NUS Women’s Conference Delegate roles contact:
T: 0118 378 4136