Postgraduate Taught Students’ Officer
Stand in the Postgraduate 2018/19 Elections now!
What’s the role?
The Postgraduate Taught Students’ Part-Time Officer works to represent the views and interests of all postgraduate taught students registered at the University of Reading, within the Students' Union, the University and at the NUS Postgraduate Students' Conference.
Once elected the Postgraduate Taught Students’ Part-time Officer will:
- Act as a key point of contact for postgraduate taught students and provide information or signpost where necessary
- Plan and run campaigns, awareness raising events and activities for the benefit of postgraduate taught students
- Ensure Union events are inclusive for all postgraduate taught students
- Encourage the participation of postgraduate taught students in the Students' Union, its democratic and representative functions, and in the promotion of postgraduate taught student issues
- Advocate on behalf of postgraduate taught students within the Union and across the University
- Drive forward positive change for postgraduate taught students
- Represent postgraduate taught students within the Students’ Union and the University. They will be a member of the following committees/groups: University Student Experience Committee, University Sub-Committee on Student Experience & Employability. RUSU Liberation & Representation Committee (LARC) and RUSU Student Voice.
- Attend the National Union of Students (NUS) Postgraduate Students’ Annual Conference in 2018.
What’s in it for me?
- Great transferable skills and experience of being a member of key decision making committees
- Build relationships with key members of university staff, RUSU staff and representatives, as well as external organisations
- Excellent networking opportunities; you will be invited to attend University Court where you will meet senior university staff as well as other members of Court and Council
- A chance to create positive change for postgraduate taught students
- Opportunity to take part in the University of Reading’s RED Award should you wish to do so.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this role you will need to be enrolled on a postgraduate taught course and continuing your studies into the 2018/19 academic year.
No elections are currently running
If you would like to find out more about the Postgraduate Taught Students’ Part-time Officer role, please contact your RUSU Diversity Officer Nozomi Tolworthy 雷希望 at email@example.com.