How to Vote
To vote online
- Log in to RUSU.co.uk using your University username and password.
- Go to the Elections pages and select The Referendum.
- Click the Vote Now button.
- You will then be shown the referendum question and a short description of the motion being voted on.
- To read the motion being voted on in full, click on ‘Read motion document’.
- To read the ‘Yes’ case statement, click on ‘Read case for’.
- To read the ‘No’ case statement, click on ‘Read case against’.
- You will see three voting options: Yes, No or Abstain (please note: the order in which the voting options are displayed is randomised for each vote. Please ensure you select the correct option).
- To vote, simply click on your preference.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice. Click ‘OK’ to confirm your vote.
What is the voting system?
The voting system for a referendum is straightforward. At the end of polling, all of the ‘Yes’, ‘No and ‘Abstain’ votes will be added up. Whichever has the most votes will win by a simple majority.
If you are experiencing any difficulties voting online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org giving your full name, student number, contact details and a brief description of the problem.