What’s the role?
The Diversity Officer is responsible for the development of inclusion and diversity initiatives, as well as taking the lead on liberation campaigns. The Diversity Officer will support the Part-Time Officers and help to promote and oversee the campaigns they run.
- Liaising with the liberation and representation Part-Time Officers to establish common student issues and aid them in their campaigning work.
- Working on all external and internal aspects of inclusion and diversity, including attending all relevant University of Reading committees and liaising with relevant stakeholders.
- Leading on liberation campaigns and championing the voice of liberation and representation groups on campus.
- Leading on the Part-Time Officer ‘Talk To Me’ process.
- Responsibility for Culture and Faith societies and activity groups.
- Maintaining a working relationship with the University of Reading's Executive Board.
What’s my role as a Trustee of RUSU?
- Full-Time Officers sit on the RUSU Trustee Board which is responsible for directing the affairs of RUSU and ensuring that it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of students.
- Full-Time Officers also sit on sub-committees such as the Elections Committee.
What’s in it for me?
- The ability to set the strategic direction of RUSU.
- Networking opportunities with staff, students and academics locally and nationally.
- Development of transferable skills leading to excellent career prospects.
- Working on behalf of students on projects that you are passionate about.
- Opportunities to influence and manage positive and exciting change.
Am I eligible?
All students apart from Erasmus students undertaking a semester at Reading, foundation degree students and students studying night classes on campus can run for a Full-Time Officer position.
You can only nominate yourself for one Full-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other role in this election.
If you’d like to find out more about this role, please contact: