What’s the role?
The Education Officer will work closely with the Advice and Representation department to coordinate academic representation as well as leading on academic campaigns and events. The main aim of the Education Officer is to improve academic experience and maintain strong working relationships with relevant University staff and Academic Reps.
- Working with the Academic Representation Team to promote the Course Rep and Postgraduate Rep Elections.
- Working with RUSU Academic Advisers and the Postgraduate Part-Time Officers to ensure that RUSU are aware of academic issues affecting students.
- Liaising with other academic structures within the University such as the Library, the Graduate School, Careers Centre and Study Support.
- Leading on academic campaigns.
- Attending University of Reading meetings on Teaching, Learning and Research.
- Responsibility for academic societies and activity groups.
- Maintaining a working relationship with the University of Reading's Executive Board.
What’s my role as a Trustee of RUSU?
- Full-Time Officers sit on the RUSU Trustee Board which is responsible for directing the affairs of RUSU and ensuring that it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of students.
- Full-Time Officers also sit on sub-committees such as the Elections Committee.
What’s in it for me?
- The ability to set the strategic direction of RUSU.
- Networking opportunities with staff, students and academics locally and nationally.
- Development of transferable skills leading to excellent career prospects.
- Working on behalf of students on projects that you are passionate about.
- Opportunities to influence and manage positive and exciting change.
Am I eligible?
All students apart from Erasmus students undertaking a semester at Reading, foundation degree students and students studying night classes on campus can run for a Full-Time Officer position.
You can only nominate yourself for one Full-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other role in this election.
If you’d like to find out more about this role, please contact: