What’s the role?
The President is responsible for ensuring all decisions reached by RUSU have gone through the democratic process as laid out in the Constitution and Bye-Laws. The President is also responsible for leading on external affairs, liaising with the National Union of Students (NUS) and will lead on RUSU’s democracy initiatives such as Change It and Student Voice.
- Chairing the Board of Trustees.
- Leading development of the RUSU brand and marketing and communications strategy.
- Maintaining a working relationship with the University of Reading’s Vice Chancellor.
- Leading on democratic processes such as elections, ‘Change It!’ and ‘Student Voice’.
- Overseeing RUSU’s commercial services.
- Liaising with members of Students' Union staff through the line management of the Chief Executive.
- Leading on campaigns that aren’t specific to any Officer remit.
- Liaising with Environment and Ethics Officer on green issues.
- Maintaining a working relationship with the University of Reading's Executive Board.
What's my role as a Trustee of RUSU?
- Full-Time Officers sit on the RUSU Trustee Board which is responsible for directing the affairs of RUSU and ensuring that it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of students?.
- Full-Time Officers also sit on sub-committees such as the Elections Committee.
What's in it for me?
- The ability to set the strategic direction of RUSU.
- Networking opportunities with staff, students and academics locally and nationally.
- Development of transferable skills leading to excellent career prospects.
- Working on behalf of students on projects that you are passionate about.
- Opportunities to influence and manage positive and exciting change.
Am I eligible?
All students apart from Erasmus students undertaking a semester at Reading, foundation degree students and students studying night classes on campus can run for a Full-Time Officer position.
You can only nominate yourself for one Full-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other role in this election.
If you’d like to find out more about this role, please contact: