What’s the role?
The Activities Officer is responsible for the management and development of RAG (Raising and Giving), Student Media and all RUSU sports clubs, societies and volunteering initiatives.
- Being the lead officer for all sports clubs and societies on campus.
- Organising and chairing Activity Group meetings for all sports clubs and societies.
- Acting as the Head of the three Student Media streams; RU:ON, Junction 11 and The Spark Newspaper.
- Leading on the organisation and development of all student volunteering projects and initiatives.
- Maintaining a working relationship with the University of Reading's Executive Board.
What’s my role as a Trustee of RUSU?
- Full-Time Officers sit on the RUSU Trustee Board which is responsible for directing the affairs of RUSU and ensuring that it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of students.
- Full-Time Officers also sit on sub-committees such as the Elections Committee.
What’s in it for me?
- The ability to set the strategic direction of RUSU.
- Networking opportunities with staff, students and academics locally and nationally.
- Development of transferable skills leading to excellent career prospects.
- Working on behalf of students on projects that you are passionate about.
- Opportunities to influence and manage positive and exciting change.
Am I eligible?
All students apart from Erasmus students undertaking a semester at Reading, foundation degree students and students studying night classes on campus can run for a Full-Time Officer position.
You can only nominate yourself for one Full-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other role in this election.
If you’d like to find out more about this role, please contact: