Environment and Ethics Officer
Why is this a Part-time Officer role?
Environmental and ethical issues are often an underrepresented issue in society. RUSU recognises the importance of having a student to represent and campaign to improve sustainability within the union and university.
What’s the Role?
Representing environmental and ethical issues within the:
What will I be doing?
You will be acting:
As a Campaigner
A campaign can consist of events, initiatives and projects
- Make positive change
- Run awareness raising events and activities
- Ensure union events are planned with environmental and ethical considerations in mind
As a Representative
Represent environmental and ethical concerns within the union, university and nationally by:
- Attending university committees
- Speaking up at Student Voice
As a Contact
- Respond to students about environment and ethical concerns
- Keep students up to date on environmental and ethical initiatives
All for the benefit of the campus environment, its students and wildlife
Am I eligible?
If you are enrolled on a course for the 2019/2020 academic year then yes, you are!
How do I get this great role?
Well, you’ll need to nominate yourself for the role when elections open on Monday 21st January .
You’ll need to submit a short manifesto detailing what you’d like to change as Environment and Ethics Students’ Officer. You can find how to write a great manifesto here.
Nominations close on the Tuesday 12th February at 3pm so don’t forget to nominate yourself by then!
Part-time Officer role and Time Commitment