What’s the role?
The Environment and Ethics Part-Time Officer exists to lead campaigning and awareness raising activities in relation to environmental and ethical issues on campus and beyond.
Once elected the Environment & Ethics Officer will:
- Plan and run campaigns, awareness raising events and activities to promote environmental and ethical issues on campus and beyond
- Ensure Union events are developed with environmental and ethical considerations in mind
- Receive and respond to student concerns on environmental issues affecting the University of Reading
- Attend and participate in the University Environment & Sustainability Committee
What’s in it for me?
- Excellent work experience
- Great transferable skills
- A chance to network and build relationships with key members of Union and University staff as well as external organisations
- The opportunity to take part in the University of Reading’s RED Award
Am I eligible?
Any student currently studying at the University of Reading and enrolled on a course for the 2018/19 academic year is eligible to stand in this election.
You can only nominate yourself for one Part-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other Part-Time Officer role in this election. However, you can still nominate yourself for an Undergraduate School Rep or Student Trustee role.
If you’d like to find out more about the role of Environment & Ethics Officer, please contact: