International Students' Officer
What’s the role?
The International Students’ Part-Time Officer works to represent the views and interests of international students within the Union. They act as a key point of contact for international students within the Union and provide information or signpost where necessary.
Once elected the International Students’ Officer will:
- Plan and run campaigns, awareness raising events and activities for the benefit of international students
- Ensure Union events are inclusive for all international members
- Encourage the participation of international students in the Students' Union, its democratic and representative functions, and in the promotion of international student issues
- Advocate on behalf of international students within the Union and across the University
- Drive forward positive change for international students
- Attend the NUS Annual International Students' Conference in 2019.
What’s in it for me?
- Excellent work experience
- Great transferable skills
- A chance to network and build relationships with key members of Union and University staff as well as external organisations
- A chance to create positive change for international students
- The opportunity to take part in the University of Reading’s RED Award
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this role you will need to self-define as an international student. We feel it is important that international student issues, and the students affected by them, are represented by students who have had first-hand experience of the difficulty faced by those they represent. This is why we ask you to self-define.
RUSU defines an international student as anyone whose home country is outside the United Kingdom. That includes students from EU Nations.
You will also need to be enrolled on a course for the 2018/19 academic year to be eligible to stand in this election.
You can only nominate yourself for one Part-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other Part-Time Officer role in this election. However, you can still nominate yourself for an Undergraduate School Rep or Student Trustee role.
If you’d like to find out more about the role of International Students' Officer, please contact: