International Students’ Part-time Officer
RUSU defines an international student as anyone who self-defines as having an international background, whether that means anyone who comes to the UK to study or who have lived in or meaningfully interacted with two or more cultural environments. This includes students from both within and outside the European Union (EU) and those who pay both home and international fees.
What’s the Role?
Representing International Students’ interests within the:
- NUS International Students’ Conference
What will I be doing?
You will be acting:
As a Contact
- Key point of contact for International Students
- Signpost students to the relevant services
- Engage International students with the Union’s democratic functions
As a Campaigner
A campaign can consist of events, initiatives and projects
- Run campaigns that create positive change
- Plan awareness raising events and activities
As a Representative
Represent International students’ interests within the union, university and nationally by:
- Attending university committees
- Speaking up at Student Voice
- Engaging at the NUS International Students’ Conference
All for the benefit of International Students
What’s in it for me?
- Great networking opportunities both within the university and outside
- A chance to create positive change for current and future International students
- Build valuable relations with academic staff
- Develop skills and get experience future employers will notice
- Meet new people
Am I eligible?
If you self-define as an International student and are enrolled on a course for the 2019/2020 academic year then yes, you are!
How do I get this great role?
Well, you’ll need to nominate yourself for the role when elections open on Monday 21st January .
You’ll need to submit a short manifesto detailing what you’d like to change as International Students’ Officer. You can find how to write a great manifesto here.
Nominations close on the Tuesday 12th February at 3pm so don’t forget to nominate yourself by then!
Part-time Officer role and Time Commitment