What’s the role?
The London Road Students’ Part-Time Officer works to represent the views and interests of London Road students within the Union and the University. They act as a key point of contact for London Road students within the Union and provide information or signpost where necessary.
Once elected the London Road Students’ Officer will:
- Plan and run campaigns, awareness raising events and activities for the benefit of students studying at London Road.
- Ensure Union events are inclusive for all London Road students.
- Encourage the participation of London Road students in the Students' Union, its democratic and representative functions and in the promotion of London Road student issues, regularly updating London Road Students on what the Students’ Union is currently working on.
- Advocate on behalf of London Road students within the Union and across the University.
- Drive forward positive change for London Road students.
What’s in it for me?
- Excellent work experience
- Great transferable skills
- A chance to network and build relationships with key members of Union and University staff as well as external organisations
- A chance to create positive change for London Road students
- The opportunity to take part in the University of Reading’s RED Award
Am I eligible?
Any student studying at the University of Reading whose primary study location is the London Road campus is eligible to stand in this election. You much also be enrolled on a course for the 2018/19 academic year to be eligible to stand in this election.
You can only nominate yourself for one Part-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other Part-Time Officer role in this election. However, you can still nominate yourself for an Undergraduate School Rep or Student Trustee role.
If you’d like to find out more about the role of London Road Officer, please contact: