Postgraduate Research Students' Officer
What’s the role?
The Postgraduate Research Students' Part-Time Officer works to represent the views and interests of all postgraduate research students registered at the University of Reading, within the Students' Union, the University and at the NUS Postgraduate Students' Conference.
Once elected the Postgraduate Research Students' Officer will:
- Act as a key point of contact for Postgraduate Research Students' and provide information or signpost where necessary
- Plan and run campaigns, awareness raising events and activities for the benefit of postgraduate research students
- Drive forward positive change for postgraduate research students
- Ensure Union events are inclusive for all postgraduate research students
- Encourage the participation of postgraduate research students in the Students' Union, its democratic and representative functions, and in the promotion of postgraduate research student issues
- Attend the National Union of Students (NUS) Postgraduate Students' Annual Conference
- Advocate on behalf of postgraduate research students within the Union and across the University. They will be a member of the following committees/ groups; University Board for Research & Innovation (UBRI), Committee on Postgraduate Research Studies, RUSU Liberation & Representation Committee (LARC) and RUSU Student Voice
- Attend the Graduate School Representation Group
- Attend the National Union of Students (NUS) Postgraduate Students' Annual Conference in 2019
What’s in it for me?
- Great transferable skills and experience of being a member of key decision making committees
- Build relationships with key members of university staff, RUSU staff and representatives, as well as external organisations
- Excellent networking opportunities; you will be invited to attend University Court where you will meet senior university staff as well as other members of Court and Council
- A chance to create positive change for postgraduate research students
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this role you will need to be enrolled on a postgraduate research course and continuing your studies into the 2018/19 academic year.
You can only nominate yourself for one Part-Time Officer role. If you nominate yourself for this role then you cannot nominate yourself for any other Part-Time Officer role in this election. However, you can still nominate yourself for a Student Trustee role.
If you’d like to find out more about the role of Postgraduate Research Students' Officer, please contact: