Nominate Yourself in the RUSU Elections Now
What’s the role?
RUSU's Women’s Part-Time Officer works to defend and extend the rights of women within the Union and the University. They campaign for the equality of all women.
Once elected the Women’s Officer will:
- Plan and run campaigns, awareness raising events and activities for the benefit of women across campus
- Ensure Union events are inclusive for all self-defining women
- Encourage the participation of women students in the Students' Union, its democratic and representative functions, and in the promotion of women’s issues
- Advocate on behalf of women within the Union and across the University
- Drive forward positive change for women
- Attend the NUS Annual Women Students' Conference in 2018.
What’s in it for me?
- Excellent work experience
- Great transferable skills
- A chance to network and build relationships with key members of Union and University staff as well as external organisations
- Create positive change for women
- The opportunity to take part in the University of Reading’s RED Award
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this role you will need to self-define as a woman and be a current student at the University of Reading. We feel it is important that women issues, and the students affected by them, are represented by students who have had first-hand experience of the oppression faced by those they represent. This is why we ask you to self-define.
RUSU defines a woman as anyone who self-defines as a woman, including (if they wish) those with complex gender identities which include ‘woman’, and those who experience oppression as women.
You will also need to be enrolled on a course for the 2016/17 academic year to be eligible to stand in this election.
If you’d like to find out more about the role of Women’s Officer, please contact:
CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW