Undergraduate School Reps

What’s the role?

Undergraduate School Reps represent the student voice on academic matters within each school. They support and lead a team of Undergraduate Course Reps with each school. School Reps work to ensure the student voice is being heard by the University and positive changes are being made throughout every school.

There are 16 School Rep positions check these out below:

UG School Rep Positions

  • School Rep (Arts & Communication Design)
  • School Rep (Education)
  • School Rep (Humanities)
  • School Rep (Law)
  • School Rep (Literature & Languages)
  • School Rep (Politics, Economics & International Relations)
  • 3 x School Rep (HBS – ICMA, Management and Real Estate & Planning)
  • School Rep (Mathematical & Physical Sciences)
  • School Rep (Archaeology, Geography & Environmental)
  • School Rep (Agriculture, Policy & Development)
  • School Rep (Biological Sciences)
  • School Rep (Chemistry, Food & Pharmacy)
  • School Rep (Built Environment)
  • School Rep (Psychology & Clinical Language Sciences)

What’s involved?

  • Ensure student feedback is heard by the School. Liaise with students and Course Reps within your school to gain feedback on teaching and learning matters and on support services which directly support student learning experience.
  • Provide support to a team of elected Course Reps working within your school. Work with Course Reps and key staff to create positive changes in your school.
  • Convene and Chair termly Course Rep consultation; identifying any issues that have been raised at SSLCs and feedback any issues/changes to the RUSU Education Officer.
  • Promote the work of Course Reps and any changes made by Course Reps within your school to the RUSU Academic Representation Coordinator.
  • Attend University meetings including School Board for Teaching & Learning (SBTL), and the opportunity to sit on University Senate.

What’s in it for me?

  • Represent all students within your School and in some cases, at University level.
  • Create positive change for those studying within your school.
  • Develop your key skills and gain excellent career boosting experience to enhance your CV.
  • Access to full training and support.
  • Gain volunteering hours that count towards the University of Reading RED Award.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible for this role you must be enrolled as an undergraduate current student at the University of Reading when you stand in the election and your enrolment must continue throughout the 2019/20 academic year.

You must be enrolled on an undergraduate course within the School you wish to represent.

You can be studying on a full or part-time basis.

You can nominate yourself for this role as well as a Part-Time Officer and/or Student Trustee role if you wish.

If you’d like to find out more about the role of Undergraduate School Rep, please contact:

Education Officer
Lillie-Mae Firmin
T: 0118 378 4130
E: academicreps@rusu.co.uk
left Domino's all night delivery until 5am
dominos rusu offer

Reading University Students' Union is a registered charity (No. 1158523)

© Reading University Students' Union All Rights Reserved