Student Voice Member
Stand in the Student Voice 2018/19 Elections now!
What's the role?
As Student Voice Member, you will debate and vote alongside other elected reps in Student Voice meetings.
Student Voice Members have full speaking and voting rights at all Student Voice meetings.
Student Voice meetings take place on a termly basis. This role doesn't take up much of your time but gives you a fantastic opportunity to get involved in your Students' Union.
- Attending three Student Voice meetings throughout the academic year.
- Debating students’ ideas for change submitted to Change It.
- Voting on which ideas submitted to Change It should go to an all student vote.
- Reviewing progress made on Change It ideas that have won an all student vote.
- Scrutinising the work of Full-Time Officers.
- Promoting Change It idea submission and voting periods.
What's in it for me?
- The ability to guide the democratic processes of RUSU.
- An opportunity to develop new skills, gain a unique insight into the Students’ Union & develop your transferrable skills.
- Networking opportunities with fellow students, elected reps and RUSU staff.
- The chance to hold your Student Officers to account on their work throughout the year.
- Opportunities to influence positive change within the Union and across the University.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this role you must be a current full-time or part-time student studying at the University of Reading.
All students can run for this position (except Erasmus students undertaking a semester at Reading, students studying night classes and students studying abroad)
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact your RUSU President Jason Dabydoyal at firstname.lastname@example.org.