Heading off to university can be a huge step in your life. Cutting the apron strings from mum and dad, moving to a different city and a new-found independence can make it the most liberating and fun time of your life. Along with meeting new friends, fancy dress and fresher’s events, it might also be worth considering the more ‘boring’ aspects. No, not the lectures! Getting insurance for your time at uni could give you something to fall back on should anything unexpected occur.
At The Insurance Emporium, they understand that student life might be a wild ride, with many ups and downs! They offer Student Insurance to cover the things that you love whilst you're away in full time education. The team at The Insurance Emporium offer cover to try and give you peace of mind, leaving you free to think about your studies… or catch up on your daytime TV!
When you purchase cover from The Insurance Emporium you'll automatically get:
- Standard Contents cover up to £5,000. This covers accidental damage or theft in your student digs, or the times where you're travelling to and from.
- It also includes loss or damage to any frozen food you have at your student address that might be ruined by a freezer malfunction! Keeping your Ben and Jerry’s covered!
The Insurance Emporium Student Insurance is a Pick ‘N’ Mix policy, this means on top of your Standard Benefit you can then choose as many, or as few Elective Benefits to fit your lifestyle. This includes:
- Personal Belongings cover for the things that you wear and carry in everyday life up to £4,000.*
- Cover for your Gadgets and Mobile Phones, such as that latest smartphone or essential laptop.
- Bicycle cover for theft or accidental damage up to £1,000.
- Musical Instrument cover up to £2,500, for those times when life strikes a bum note.
- Cover for Personal Accident and Assault or Mugging up to £20,000.
- Loss of Keys/Swipe Card cover up to £500. Including £50 for an emergency locksmith, helping you get in from a night out… even if your keys don’t make it home with you!
- Plus many more Elective Benefits…
Getting a Student Insurance policy might not be the most exciting thing that you do this year but it could end up being one of the smartest. At The Insurance Emporium they believe in living your life to its fullest and aim to give you peace of mind, helping you enjoy your time studying. With a 20% Introductory Discount and a 10% NUS discount, it could be worth checking out The Insurance Emporium today. Make sure the only headache you have at uni is from the exams!
If you're looking for something more specific from an insurance policy then The Insurance Emporium also offer separate specialist Camera, Music and Cycle Insurance as well as many more. It could be the place to go to protect your passions whilst at uni!
*Personal Belongings cover is available up to a £500 single article limit.