How do I support my Muslim friends during Ramadan?
Firstly, of course smile and say hello! Wish them a blessed and peaceful month.
Here are some useful pieces on how you might be able to support Muslim colleagues during Ramadan, we hope you find them interesting and informative.
Tips for students/staff who are fasting
- Lots of revision breaks and fresh air, stay active.
- Utilise relaxation spaces such as the RUSU relaxation room (upstairs 3sixty), Harris Garden and/or the Muslim Centre (near the bus stop/URS building).
- Have a filling meal in morning (for example maybe with dates, almonds, banana, oats!)
- Stay hydrated in the evening/night.
- Try to structure your sleep, revision, meals and spiritual/social time to work for you.
- Stay positive and don’t isolate yourself: join the vibrant Muslim community at Archway Lodge on campus (@readingisoc for updates). Don’t be shy!
- Speak to your Islamic Society, your Diversity Officer and your Welfare Officer for support if you would like to.
Joining us for food?
Come to the evening "iftar" meal at Archway Lodge (building 37) at sunset.
Please RSVP at least three days in advance at Eventbrite.co.uk
Exams coming up?
If you are concerned about how Ramadan will affect your exams, please contact the Advice Service at RUSU for confidential and independent advice and support. Email email@example.com or call 0118 378 4100.