Nominating yourself for a position
Nominating yourself in the election can seem tricky and maybe a little scary, but it's actually super simple! Read on to find out how to nominate yourself in an election.
- Log in to the RUSU website using your University login details.
- Head to the Elections page, select the election you want to nominate yourself in from the left hand sidebar and click 'Stand in Election' on the online form.
- You will be asked to confirm your name, email address and telephone number and click 'save'.
- Some positions require candidates to self-define to show you meet the required eligibility criteria. Check out RUSU's student group definitions.
- Click on your Election Profile and select all self-definition options that apply to you and click 'Update Self-Defined Status'.
- If you want to check any other eligibility criteria, read through the eligibility section in the role description.
- Put yourself forward for any roles for which you are eligible.
- You have now nominated yourself!
Completing your nomination
Once you've nominated yourself, make sure that you've done the following before the deadline for completed nominations.
- Uploaded your 250-word manifesto (compulsory for Full-time Officer and Part-time Officer candidates)
- Uploaded a photo
- Completed our candidate diversity form
If you’ve nominated yourself to be a Full-time Officer or Student Trustee, you’ll also need to complete a trustee declaration form – we’ll get in touch with you to share this.
If you're having trouble nominating for a particular role that you think you should be eligible for, please email us at email@example.com and we'll look into the problem as soon as possible.