Nominating yourself for a position
Nominating yourself in the election can seem tricky and maybe a little scary, but it's actually super simple!
Read on to find out how to stand in an election.
- Log-in to the RUSU website using your University login details.
- Head to the Elections page, select the election you want to stand
in from the left hand sidebar and click in 'Stand in Election' on the online form.
- You will be asked to confirm your name, email address and telephone number and click 'save'.
- Some positions require candidates to self-define to show you meet the required eligibility criteria. Check
out RUSU's student group definitions.
- Click on your Election Profile and select all self-definition options that apply to you and click 'Update
Self Defined Status'.
- If you want to check any other eligibility criteria, read through the eligibility section in the role
- Put yourself forward for any roles for which you are eligible.
- You have now nominated yourself!
Completing your nomination
Once you've nominated yourself, make sure that you've done the following before the completing your nomination deadline.
- Candidate consent form
If you're running for a Full-time or Part-time role, you will also need to do the following;
- Manifesto & bullet points
- Elections poster
For more on how to complete your nomination, we have more information on the RUSU elections page.
If you're having trouble standing for a particular role that you think you should be eligible for, please
email us at email@example.com and we'll look into the problem as
soon as possible.
We have compiled a list of RUSU student group
definitions which should help with self-defining for RUSU elections.