By voting YES, you are voting to say that:
- RUSU should support UCU and those University staff taking strike action over pension dispute on the dates publicised between 25th November 2019 and the 4th December 2019.
- RUSU should support UCU and those University staff who choose to take further strike action in relation to this dispute; should it be called for at any point up to the 29th April 2020.
By voting YES, you understand that:
- RUSU recognises and respects that our members, the students of Reading University, have differing and potentially opposing opinions on the pension dispute.
- RUSU will reflect the majority view of our members (subject to quorum being met in this referendum) in relation to strike action.
- RUSU will continue to support individual students, through our advice and representation functions, in relation to the impact strikes may have on an individual students’ academic student experience and academic progression.
- RUSU is not obliged to act upon a vote that has a turnout of less than 1,000 students eligible to vote. However, the vote may be taken into account when undertaking organisational activities such as drafting policy.
By voting YES, you agree that RUSU will do the following:
- Publish a statement. The statement will acknowledge that our members have differing and potentially opposing opinions on the pension dispute and have voted to support UCU and those University staff taking strike action.
- Provide resources (short of financial resources) to our members should they wish to protest in solidarity with UCU members, for example, physical space to produce campaign materials.
- RUSU Officer Trustee(s) are permitted to protest in solidarity with UCU members (should they wish to do so and where this does not impact their ability to fulfil their duties).
- RUSU Officer Trustee(s) will represent RUSU position at relevant meetings and consider other activities whereby RUSU can demonstrate its’ position in relation to UCU strike action.