By voting yes, you will agree with the following:
- RUSU should support UCU and those University staff taking strike action over pay and working conditions dispute.
- RUSU should also support UCU and those University staff taking action short of a strike. This may include action taken by University staff in the form of a protest, an expression of dissatisfaction, slowdown or working to rule.
- RUSU should support UCU and those University staff taking action for the duration of strike action in relation to this dispute.
By voting yes, you understand that:
- RUSU recognises and respects that our members, the students of Reading University, have differing and potentially opposing opinions on the pay and working conditions dispute.
- RUSU will reflect the majority view of our members (subject to quorum being met in this referendum) in relation to strike action and action short of a strike.
- RUSU will continue to support individual students, through our advice and representation functions, in relation to the impact strikes may have on an individual students’ academic student experience and academic progression.
- RUSU is not obliged to act upon a vote that has a turnout of less than 1,000 students eligible to vote. However, the vote may be taken into account when undertaking organisational activities such as drafting policy.
By voting YES, you agree that RUSU will do the following:
- Publish a policy statement. The statement will acknowledge that our members have differing and potentially opposing opinions on the pay and working conditions dispute and have voted to support of UCU and those University staff taking strike action and action short of a strike.
- Provide resources (short of financial resources) to our members should they wish to attend protests in solidarity with UCU members, for example, physical space to produce campaign materials.
- RUSU Officer Trustee(s) are permitted to attend protests in solidarity with UCU members (should they wish to do so and where this does not impact their ability to fulfil their duties).
- RUSU Officer Trustee(s) will represent RUSU position at relevant meetings.
- RUSU will look to UCU to supply any materials.