What's the role?
Student Trustees ensure Reading University Student Union (RUSU) is well governed, well managed and that we
stick to our vision, mission and values. Student Trustees are important because they have responsibility for
ensuring that RUSU’s charitable outcomes and strategy benefit all students at Reading.
- Contributing to the strategic leadership of a registered charity
- Membership of the RUSU Trustee Board
- Monitoring RUSU’s progress against strategic aims and objectives
- Opportunities to chair meetings, whilst working on behalf of students
- Monitoring the financial performance of RUSU to ensure it remains financially secure and accountable
What’s in it for you?
- A unique position of significant responsibility with a multi-million pound organisation which will look
fantastic on your CV!
- Excellent experience and invaluable transferable skills
- Expert training and support
- Opportunities to network with key University and RUSU staff
Any University of Reading student enrolled on a course during the academic year that nominations are held is
eligible to stand in this election.
You can nominate yourself for this role as well as a Part-Time Officer and/or Undergraduate School Rep role
if you wish.