Education Officer – Ed White
Hi everyone, I’m Ed your Education Officer.
I’ve just finished studying Geography (and before you make the joke, no, it wasn’t just colouring in!) Outside of work I enjoy travelling, cooking and going to the cinema.
I ran for this role having previously enjoyed being a Course Rep and School Rep (Which I really recommend running for) and having a desire to continue improving things for students.
Please reach out to me if you’re facing any education issues and I’ll try my very best to get things resolved for you.
Hope to meet you soon,
- Create a fast-track system to get any resources not currently held into the library within 1 week.
Marking and Feedback
- Make mid-modular feedback compulsory.
- Ensure the 15 day turn around rule is always met.
- Make exam feedback compulsory.
Support and Recreation
- Improve the ECF procedure for those with long term disabilities and illnesses and introduce an unconditional ECF any student can use once per year.
- Introduce a new bursary scheme for those let down by student finance and university funding.
- Work to increase and improve study space across campus.