RUSU President – Tristan Spencer
I would love the chance to enhance YOUR student experience
Throughout my four years at Reading, I have been involved with JCR, course representation, ASOS/giffgaff student marketing, Student Voice and have been President for charity Phab and the English society.
Now, I believe I have the experience, the passion and the vision to create A Union For All: empowering students and making positive, noticeable change.
A Union For All
- Unity – Unify students, include all voices, integrate international/postgraduate students, champion liberation and introduce “Students of Reading” campaign.
- Engagement – Introduce a RUSU app, direct student opinion polls and improve democratic processes.
- Support and Recreation – Introduce termly student festival, relaxation zones on campus and termly puppy days.
Unity – A Union that is inclusive, fair and student-focussed.
- Focus on uniting students against prevalent issues, including rising tuition fees, affordable accommodation and mental health.
- Introduce a Students of Reading campaign, displaying life stories and achievements of students to inspire us all to succeed.
- Focus on inclusion of all political voices, international/postgraduate students and liberation campaigns.
Engagement – A Union that listens and represents.
- Introduce a RUSU app, so buying tickets/voting is quicker and easier, as well as making news and events more accessible.
- Introduce simple direct student opinion polls, so students can directly voice their opinions on issues.
- Reform and improve democratic processes such as Student Voice and Change It.
Support and Recreation – A Union that supports, entertains and enriches.
- Introduce a termly student festival at Union celebrating RUSU, where students choose the theme and acts.
- Create relaxation zones on campus including massage chairs, sleeper pods, bean bags, mood lighting and refreshment facilities.
- Introduce termly puppy days for a bit of paws-itivity when we are all feeling a little ruff.