Activities Officer – Charlotte O’Leary
I’ve just completed my Law degree and have loved every second of my time at the University of Reading! I’ve been a Course Rep for Law, Secretary for Reading University Snowsports (RUSNO) plus Sports, Societies and Halls Co-ordinator for RAG. As Activities Officer I’m responsible for the management and development of RAG, Student Media and all RUSU sports clubs, societies as well as all the volunteering initiatives! Feel free to get in touch!
Increase the participation numbers in Sports Clubs and Societies
- Termly taster sessions and more involvement with ‘Give it a Go Week’.
- Create promotional videos for extra-curriculars to be played around campus.
- Ensure Wednesday afternoons are kept free or an alternative option be made available to those who can’t attend due to sporting commitments.
- Involve the University with the national campaign ‘This Girl Can’ and work towards a wider range of inter-halls sports to increase sports participation by girls.
Help ease and support the way Sport Clubs and Societies are run
- Hold an annual 'Sponsorship Fair' with outside companies.
- Increase the number of Union minibuses available.
- Improve committee training so that all are aware of the full extent of help the Union can offer.
- Increase end of year recognition for student groups by improving all awards evenings and creating a monthly recognition scheme for individuals.
Greater focus on RAG, Volunteering and Student Media
- Enact a points scheme for volunteers with redeemable awards such as union tickets.
- Create a panel with representatives from all forms of Student Media and the Union to increase circulation, access and involvement e.g. delivery of The Spark to all halls on campus.
- Increase the support for campaigns and causes to emulate the success of national campaigns.
- Encourage and increase Sports, Societies and Halls participation with RAG.