PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE ONLINE SHOP
- Reading giftshop is owned by the University of Reading and operated by the Reading University Students' Union. Registered location: Whiteknights, PO Box 230, RG6 6AZ, and United Kingdom. VAT No: 200 0460 47. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- By accessing, browsing and/or using the website www.reading.ac.uk (the Site), you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this site or download any materials from it.
- You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- The University of Reading shield device, name and combined logos are Registered Trade Marks of University of Reading and are used under Licence.
Application of Terms
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, these terms and conditions are the only conditions upon which the Gift shop is prepared to supply the goods or services to you. These terms and conditions shall constitute the whole agreement between the Gift shop and shall govern the contract between the Gift shop and yourself Contract to the entire exclusion of all other terms or conditions (including your terms and conditions or those implied by trade, custom or practice).
Availability of Goods or Services
- The Gift shop shall supply or otherwise procure the supply of the goods and services available on the Site to any party registered with the Gift shop.
- Your order constitutes an offer to the Giftshop to buy the goods or services. All orders are subject to acceptance by the Gift shop, and the University will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail confirming the order (Order Confirmation). The Contract will only be formed once you receive the Order Confirmation.
Delivery of the Goods
- The Gift shop will use its reasonable endeavors to fulfill and deliver your order within a reasonable time period of the Order Confirmation. If due to exceptional circumstances the Gift shop is unable to fulfill your order within a reasonable time period, the Gift shop will email or contact you to let you know.
- In these terms and conditions, the Delivery Address means the delivery address specified in the personal details you have supplied.
- Any date specified by the Gift shop for delivery of the goods is intended to be an estimate, and delivery will be within a reasonable time.
Non-delivery of Goods
- The quantity of any consignment of goods as recorded by the Gift shop upon dispatch from the Gift shop shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by you on delivery unless you can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
- The Gift shop shall not be liable for any non-delivery of goods unless written notice is given to the Gift shop within five (5) days of the date when the goods would, in the ordinary course of events, have been received.
- Any liability the Gift shop has for non-delivery of the goods shall be limited to replacing the goods within a reasonable time, to providing a full refund or issuing a credit note at the pro rata Contract rate against any invoice raised for such goods.
Cancellation of Goods
- You may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the goods. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the goods in accordance with the Gift shop's refunds policy (set out in paragraph 15 below).
- To cancel a Contract, you must inform the Gift shop in writing and return the goods to the Gift shop immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You are legally obliged to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession and if you fail to comply with this obligation the Gift shop may have a right of set-off.
Risk and Title of Goods
- The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the goods will only pass to you when you receive an email from the Gift shop confirming receipt of all sums due in respect of the goods, including delivery charges.
Delivery of Services
- The services shall be provided on the date specified on the Site for that particular service.
- The Gift shop shall provide or otherwise procure the provision of the services with all reasonable skill and care.
- At the Gift shop we aim to deliver your order within the following timescales, depending on your shipping location:
|Deliveries within the UK
||2-3 working days
|Deliveries within the EU (including Northern Ireland)
||3-5 working days
|Deliveries in the rest of the world
||7-15 working days (depending on post area and local customs)
All items from the jewellery section will take 6-8 weeks to delivery as these products are made to order and will be sent out from the supplier.
||Up to 140g
||Up to 1kg
Please note small items deliveries will be unrecorded.
Delivery charges from Jewellery section are per item as all these products are supplied by other supplier.
|UK via Royal Mail special delivery
|EU via International Signed For/Airsure
|World via International Signed for/Airsure
Non-delivery of Services
- If the Gift shop should have to postpone a service, the Gift shop shall notify you as soon as possible and provide you with a new date for the delivery of the service.
- If the Gift shop should have to cancel a service, the Gift shop shall provide you with a full refund.
Cancellation of Services
- Should you wish to cancel any booking of a service in advance of the service date, notice should be sent to the Gift shop as soon as possible. If cancellation takes place within twenty eight days (28) of the service date, the following cancellation charges will apply:
||Percentage of Price Payable
|Less than 14 days
|Between 15 and 21 days
|Between 22 and 28 days
|More than 29 days
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Gift shop in writing, the price for the goods or services will be the price as displayed on the Site. Should value added tax be payable, the price will clearly state that value added tax is included in the price. That price is subject to the addition of all costs or charges in relation to postage, carriage and insurance.
- You must make all payments due, in advance, under the Contract, without any deduction and you will receive an email from the Gift shop confirming receipt of all sums due.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which the Gift shop has already sent you an Order Confirmation, subject to clause 11.4 below.
- The Site contains a large number of goods and services and it is always possible that, despite the Gift shop's best efforts, some of the goods or services listed on the Site may be incorrectly priced. The Gift shop are under no obligation to provide the goods or services to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after the Gift shop has sent an Order Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as mis-priced.
- All payments are subject to the following conditions:
- The Gift shop cannot accept any liability for losses to you if your payment is refused or declined by your credit/debit card supplier for any reason; and
- If the card supplier declines payment, the Gift shop is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- We accept the following Credit & Debit cards:
- Delta Visa
Credit Card Security
All information regarding shopping transactions, including credit card number details is handled by RBS Worldpay.
No credit card details are stored in any form by the Gift shop of Reading or the Reading University Students' Union.
The Gift shop does keep a record of every order placed (up to a limit of six years), which includes the shopper's contact details (name ? delivery address) as well as their shopping record in terms of items purchased. This information is held offline and will under not be made available to any third party except by operation of law.
VAT stands for Value-Added Tax, which is charged on most goods and services within the European Union. UK VAT (currently 20%) is included in all our product descriptions on this site.
Customers with shipping addresses outside the European Union will not be subject to VAT and the prices shown on the billing page will exclude this charge. However, all orders placed may be subject to local taxes and custom charges.
Customs forms for all international packages list the value of the contents as well as the description of the items. Any customs or import duties levied once the package reaches your country must be borne by you. You should contact your local customs office for further information.
At the Gift shop we guarantee the items you purchase through your order will reach you in a good condition.
If for any reason you find that the goods we have dispatched do not meet your expected standards, we will refund the purchase price in full, subject to you returning the goods in the same condition you received them, at the addresses specified in clause 27. Contact Details.
If you believe that any goods you have received are damaged or faulty, the Gift shop will attempt to replace that particular item, provided that you contact us (please see clause 27) within seven working days of receiving your goods, subject to returning the goods in the same condition you received them at the addresses specified in clause 27. Contact Details.
Furthermore, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item within seven working days of delivery.
Shipping and handling expenses are not subject to refund unless the item was damaged or we shipped you the wrong product. In such an event, we will absorb the costs to send you the correct item. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
- The Gift shop shall, in no circumstances, be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) warranty or otherwise, in respect of any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses or damages were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- Indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- Loss of business profits, salary, business revenue, goodwill, or anticipated savings; or
- Loss which could have been avoided by you through reasonable conduct.
- If for any reason you will not accept delivery of the goods or the services:
- Risk in the goods or services will still pass to you at the time that the goods or the services were delivered to you and you refused to accept them;
- The goods or services will be deemed to have been delivered; and
- If the goods are returned to the Gift shop, the Gift shop may store the goods until further delivery or collection by you, whereupon you will be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
- The Gift shop confirms that (subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions) the goods upon delivery will be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Subject to this clause 17.3, the Gift shop will not be liable for a breach unless:
- You give written notice of the defect to the Gift shop, within fourteen (14) days after the time when the you discovered or ought to have discovered the defect; and
- If asked to do so by the Gift shop, you return the goods to the Gift shop at the cost of the Gift shop and the Gift shop is given a reasonable opportunity to examine the goods.
- The University of Reading Gift shop will not be liable for any losses if:
- You make any further use of the goods after giving notice to the Gift shop under 17.3; or
- The defect arises because you failed to follow the Gift shop instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the goods or follow reasonable practice; or
- You altered or repaired the goods without the consent of the Gift shop.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Gift shop for death or personal injury caused by the Gift shop's negligence, or excludes the Gift shop's liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
The Gift shop warrants that the goods supplied will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given by the Gift shop. All other warranties, conditions and other terms whether express or implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the contract.
- The Gift shop may terminate the Contract at any time by sending written notice to you if you fail to pay the price of the goods or services in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Notwithstanding termination of the Contract for any reason you will continue to be liable for that proportion of the price attributable to those goods and services supplied by the Gift shop up until the date of termination.
The Gift shop has to right to revise and amend these terms from time to time without notice.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications the Gift shop send to you should be in writing. When using the Site, you accept that communication with the Gift shop will be mainly electronic. The Gift shop will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on the Site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that the Gift shop provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to the Gift shop must be given to the RUSU, Whiteknights Campus, PO Box 230,Reading, Berkshire via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to the Gift shop when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on the Site, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
The Gift shop may at any time assign the Contract or any of the Gift shop's rights or obligations under it.
The failure of either party to exercise or enforce any right conferred on that party by the Contract shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or operate to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at any time or times thereafter.
If and in so far as any part or provision of these conditions is or becomes void or unenforceable it shall be deemed not to be or never to have been or formed a part of the Contract and the remaining provisions of the Contract shall continue in full force and effect.
The Gift shop reserves the right to defer the date of delivery or to cancel the Contract for all circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to any strike, lockout, disorder, fire, IT failure, explosion, accident or stoppage of or affecting the Gift shop's business or work and which prevents or hinders the delivery of goods.