Open Mind is a free membership society committed to the mental health and wellbeing of its members.
1. Support and help those dealing with mental health problems
2. Educate students and raise awareness of mental health on campus and beyond
3. Help students to engage in healthy coping behaviours and manage their mental health throughout difficult times in the academic year
4. Provide a safe space to speak out non-judgementally about mental health
5. Provide opportunities to better your mental health
6. Work closely with other teams in the University to improve wellbeing services at Reading
Open Mind is a free membership society originally founded at the University of Manchester in 2015. In 2017 Open Mind was established in Reading, after a successful year starting up the society and building a community of members we're ready to make this year even better, with a new commitee of amazing people full of ideas we want to make a positive impact on student wellbeing this academic year.
List of Upcoming Events
Wednesday 26th September 2018 - Harris Gardens Mindfulness Walk
Come down to the beautiful Harris Gardens for one of our most successful society events. Harris Gardens is a 12 acre botanical garden situated on campus just a short walk from Bridges Hall. Come and meet the committee and the members of Open Mind and take a moment out from the wild partying of Freshers week and be in the moment.
RUSU Student Activities Constitution 2017/18