Reading University Construction Society (RUCS)
RUCS provides an exciting range of activities and events aimed at encouraging members to create professional relationships as well as friendships within the School of Built Environment (SBE).
Our student run committee aims to ensure that the society continues to grow by bridging the gap between students in the school, through all sorts of events including corporate events, social activities, sporting activities and community projects.
Why not be a part of a society filled with students and staff who are part of the same school at the University? Students who undoubtedly share similar experiences can laugh about the great times and help each other through the not so great times! It also provides the perfect environment for existing members to provide newer members with invaluable advice and support about the academic and social challenges throughout University.
"RUCS makes an appeal to you all, make the most of the opportunities that a membership offers. Set yourself appart from the competition, develop new skills and meet new people!"
President - Andrew Peters
Vice President - Matt Saunders
Secretary - Davina Gehlot
Treasurer - Colin Chapman
Events Coordinators - Mollie Horton, Jean Gregory
Sports Rep- Arron Heer
Social Secretaries- Andrew Croft, Josh Smith
Welfare Rep - Nigel Tang
Join our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/112566675453222
Follow our Twitter page - https://twitter.com/reading_rucs
Follow our Instagram page - reading_rucs
Contact Us - RUConstructionSoc@gmail.com
What will a student membership do for you?
All members will benefit from the following:
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT - An opportunity to network with students and industry professionals to learn about placements and graduate opportunities through corporate events and careers fairs.
- EVENTS - Memorable socials at some of Reading’s biggest venues alongside an invitation to the RUCS Annual Dinner (Black tie - of course!).
- SPORT - The opportunity to play for the RUCS football team as well as other sporting activites that always aim to promote a friendly team environment and meet new poeple from the society.
Benefits of a corporate membership
RUCS would really appreciate the support of the companies in the industry that our members will eventually enter.
The membership will offer the opportunity for your company to:
- SUPPORT - The corporate membership offers the opportunity to support RUCS and it's members through financial funding which will allow the society to continue to run events and community projects. All the sponsorship money is used to improve the opportunites and university experience of the society members.
- NETWORKING EVENTS - The opportunity is presented to companies to attend a networking event to promote the company graduate or summer placement schemes to students.
- RELATIONSHIPS - The networking events mentioned above allow members of the company to interact and meet students at the University who could potentially take part in summer and year placements as well as graduate schemes. It will also create a relationship between the company, the society and the school itself.
Quizes - Socials - Book sales - Site Visits - Corporate Networking Events (pizza nights) - Annual Black Tie Dinner - International Evenings - Trips
The society has an active University league football side that plays every weekend, with a good history of a league win and high place finishes. Members of the society are encouraged to join the team and meet new people from the society. members will enjoy not only the competitive side of the football team and the exercise, the team itself also aims to be as social as possible to compliment the rest of the societies events.
Football is not the only thing the society members can enjoy. Other sporting activities such as friendly rugby and basketball games or even Zorb Football are always being discussed.
Anyone who is interested in playing or just finding out more should contact our Sports Rep- Arron Heer
---------- CORPORATE MEMBERS ----------
We are currently accepting RUCS Corporate Memberships for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Please contact us for further information: RUConstructionSoc@gmail.com
John Rowan and Partners: www.jrp.co.uk/
Turner & Townsend. http://www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Malcom Holllis http://www.malcolmhollis.com/
Bam Nuttall: http://www.bamnuttall.co.uk/