Welcome to Reading University’s Fine Art Society, better known as RUFAS!
RUFAS aims to bring together students from all disciplines and year groups through a shared passion of all things art-related
Some events you should expect when joining our society:
• Life drawing classes organised by the society (you have the chance to give modelling a go too, if you're brave enough!), also classes by Jelly and Facebar
• Socials throughout each term, including themed nights out to the Student's Union, as well as more laid-back nights in Reading's best bars and pubs and the Mojos quiz night!
• The RUFAS Forum, an event we will regularly hold where we can discuss, debate and research whatever art related issue you vote on. Bring along books, music, films, art works and we will talk all about it over some cheese and wine***. These regular meetings will also give our members the opporunity to contribute further to shape RUFAS into what you want it to be. We are always open to new ideas!
• Film screenings where we vote on a showing! From video art, artist biopics, documentaries to any other art-related media
• Workshops where you learn new techniques and brush up on some familiar methods. Have your say in what we focus on!
• Exhibition opportunities! We will always let our members know when there may be the chance for them to showcase their work or any competitions that we know of
• Trips to exhibitions and talks around the country
• An annual trip abroad! This involves many gallery visits to the most renowned galleries of the city, as well as smaller independent ones, as well as having a taste of the local culture, sight-seeing and the nightlife. This year we went to Madrid, where do you want to go next? Send us your suggestions! Previous locations included Berlin, Brussels and Prague!
***expect lots of cheese and wine at pretty much any event we hold
To keep up with specific events and all RUFAS-related matters please join our Facebook group:
If you have any queries please contact the relevant member of committee or by emailing us at:
See you soon, friends!