Hello and a very warm welcome to Reading University Music Society!
We offer a diverse range of ensembles and welcome musicians and singers of all standards.
Friendly and full of fun, our weekly rehearsals lead towards a termly concert, which showcases all the hard work (and fun!) that we put in.
We also have a wide range of socials including meals out, regular trips to the pub and a visit to a West End musical. These provide great opportunities to meet other society members and make new friends.
Please get in touch with us if you are interested in joining one of our ensembles or simply want to find out more, we can't wait to meet you!
Hello 2019 Freshers!
We have a lot of fun things happening this term:
The society will be holding taster sessions for all ensembles. These are FREE and it would be lovely to see you there. All the rehearsals will take place at L29 on London Road campus. There will be walking buses from Palmer Building on Whiteknights campus if you are unsure of where to go. There will also be committee members scattered about to help if you are lost!
Tuesday 8th October 2019:
- String Ensemble: 6.30pm - 7.15pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 6.15pm)
- Clarinet Ensemble: 6.30pm - 7.30pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 6.15pm)
- Orchestra: 7.30pm - 8pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 7.15pm)
- Concert band: 8pm - 9pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 7.45pm)
Wednesday 9th October 2019:
- Jazz Ensemble: 6.30pm - 7.30pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 6.15pm)
- Choir: 6.30pm - 7.30pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 6.15pm)
- Flute Choir: 7.30pm - 8.30pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 7.15pm)
- Saxophone Ensemble: 7.30pm - 8.30pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 7.15pm)
- Brass Band: 7.30pm - 8.15pm (walking bus from Palmer Building at 7.15pm)
We also have two socials already oragnised for this term (with more to come later on this term!):
Tuesday 1st October 2019: RUMS Freshers/Members Meet and Greet (event details on RUSU Events and Facebook/RUMS)
- Come along to our first RUMS social of the new academic year! It will be a chilled, casual meet and greet and a perfect opportunity to meet RUMS people new and old.
It will be held in L22, G03/4 on London Road Campus. If you are not sure where to go, there will be a walking bus from Palmer Building on Whiteknights Campus at 5.45 (look out for committee members wearing grey RUMS T-shirts!)
The evening will be alcohol free (however, there will be the opportunity to go the pub on London Road Campus after the event for those who are interested) and will consist of some fun games to help get to know everyone.
Friday 4th October 2019: RUMS Freshers/Members White T-Shirt Pub Crawl (event details on RUSU Events and Facebook/RUMS)
- Join us for our RUMS White T-Shirt Pub Crawl starting at Park Bar on Whiteknights Campus on Friday 4th October at 7pm! On your white T-shirt, write your name, course and instrument.
We really look forward to meeting you all and we are looking forward to a fabulous term!
From your RUMS Committee x
Take a look at our youtube channel (search Reading Music Society) to see more of our previous performances from our concerts.