Open Mind is a free membership society committed to the mental health and wellbeing of its members.
1. Sign post students to the right proffessionals, IE Student Welfare in Carrington, GP's and Counselling Services here on Campus.
2. Educate students and raise awareness of mental health on campus and beyond
3. Help students to engage in healthy coping behaviours and manage their mental health throughout difficult times in the academic year
4. Provide a safe space to speak out non-judgementally about mental health
5. Provide opportunities to better your mental health
6. Work closely with other teams in the University to improve wellbeing services at Reading
Open Mind is a free membership society originally founded at the University of Manchester in 2015. In 2017 Open Mind was established in Reading, after a successful year starting up the society and building a community of members we're ready to make this year even better, with a new commitee of amazing people full of ideas we want to make a positive impact on student wellbeing this academic year.
A mindfulness exercise which aims to bring your attention to the senses and step out of 'automatic pilot' otherwise known as that feeling of constantly being on the go!
A quick and easy mindfulness exercise!
A simple mindfulness meditation which brings your attention to the breath.
A simple mindfulness meditation which brings your focus to the body.