Reading University Caving Club is one of the most unique sports societies at Reading. Most people have heard of caving but don't really know what it entails (we promise, it's nothing like the Descent). By definition it is the non-competitive exploration of underground passages, but this really is just the start. Every cave is different: crawling, walking, climbing, abseiling, wading through water and sometimes swimming are all part of the exploring underground. It's a bit like inverted Mountaineering - you go down first and come up later.
If you want to find out more about caving, we always have a stall at the Freshers Fayre and run presentations soon after, and throughout the year you can talk to our members in person at one of our regular socials or email us directly
Events This Term
Everyone is welcome! Just let us know on Facebook if you’d like to come on one of our trips.
- Give It A Go: Weekend Trip to Mendips (24-26/1)
- Peak District (31/1-2/2)
- Yorkshire (21-23/2)
- Northern CHECC Forum (6-8/3)
- South Wales with TU Dublin Caving Club (13-15/3)
- Southern CHECC Forum (27-29/3)
- Yorkshire: Southern Clubs Takeover (3-5/4)
- Ireland: County Clare (8-11/5)
- Pub meet every Monday, check out Facebook for more details
- Film night (9/2)
- Many more to be announced!